Terms of service
Learn more about the terms and conditions under which we provide services to you
Acceptable use policy
This AUP amends the Agreement between W OPTIM and Customer and describes certain restrictions related to your use of the Services. Any violation by you shall be deemed a breach of the Agreement. We may update this AUP from time to time in our sole discretion; the current version may be found at https://woptim.com/terms/
If any third party has questions regarding this AUP or wishes to report a violation or provide notice per the requirements of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, such party may contact us at through our online contact form, located at: https://woptim.com/contact/
Laws; Harmful Content. You may not use the Services to violate any governing law or regulation, including laws prohibiting: copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property infringement, misuse, or misappropriation; distribution of child pornography, child erotica, non-consensual sex acts (including in the support of or furtherance of sex trafficking), or bestiality; gambling; defamation, harassment, libel, or slander; fraud or false advertising; and hacking, phishing, social engineering, or any transmission of malicious code or unauthorized use of the computing resources of an end user. It is W OPTIM policy to terminate the Services of customers who are repeat infringers of intellectual property rights. Further, you may not use the Services in connection with any content that we reasonably believe: promotes, incites, or threatens violence; is in support of or furtherance of sex trafficking; contains harassing content or hate speech; violates any person’s privacy; constitutes terrorism or trafficking in weapons or other illegal items; or is likely to result in retaliation against W OPTIM’s system, network, or employees, including behavior that results in any denial of service attack. The Services may not be used in violation of export laws, controls, regulations, or sanction policies of the United States or your applicable jurisdiction. The Services may not be used by any individual or legal entity which is involved with or suspected of involvement in activities or causes relating to: illegal gambling; terrorism; narcotics trafficking; arms trafficking or the proliferation, development, design, manufacture, production, stockpiling, or use of nuclear, chemical or biological weapons, weapons of mass destruction, or missiles; in each case including any affiliation with others whatsoever who sponsor or support the above such activities or causes.
High-Risk Use. You may not use the Services in any circumstance or fashion where a failure of the Services could result in death or physical injury.
Spam. If you use the Services to transmit email, you must do so responsibly. Sending or promoting spam using the Services is prohibited and may result in immediate termination of your account. We consider spam to be the transmission of any email messages that are in violation of the most recent regulations issued by the Federal Trade Commission implementing the CAN-SPAM Act or, if you are sending emails to non-domestic end users, any foreign equivalent thereof. In addition, and at our discretion, we may place limits on the number of outbound messages you send if our review of your account indicates that you are jeopardizing our network stability. Without limiting any other rights we may have, the parties agree that should you breach this section by sending spam it would be difficult to determine actual damages. Accordingly, a $500 charge per violation will be assessed as a reasonable estimate of the damages. The parties further agree that such $500 would not act as a penalty.
Regulated and Sensitive Information. It is possible to run an ecommerce site on our platform, provided that you follow some best practices that prevent credit card information from being processed or stored on our platform. You are not permitted to use or cause the Services to store or process sensitive or otherwise regulated health or financial information, including Protected Health Information (as that term is defined under HIPAA), cardholder data protected under PCI DSS regulations (such as credit or debit card data), or other financial data (including any financial account details). You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for any liabilities arising from your violation of this restriction.
Overburdening Resources. You may not interfere with our business or our ability to provide services to other customers, nor take any action nor make any use of the Services that places excessive burdens on the network or systems used to provide such services. Specifically, you may not use or provide open proxies or Internet Relay Chat or use the Services for video streaming. If your use of the Services materially exceeds the use by similarly situated customers, we may offer to move you to a different plan or charge you for the additional use. If you refuse, we may place restrictions on your use of the Services. You may not perform any vulnerability or penetration testing of W OPTIM’s network or systems, including your own hosted environment, without our prior written approval.
Security Requirements. You must take reasonable security precautions in connection with your use of the Services. You are responsible for the actions and omissions of anyone to whom you provide access to the Services or the content you create using the Services.
Data privacy addendum and GDPR COMPLIANCE
This DPA amends the Agreement between W OPTIM and Customer and addresses the rights and obligations of the parties with respect to data privacy under Applicable Law. We may update this DPA from time to time in our sole discretion; the current version may be found at https://woptim.com/terms/
- Definitions. Capitalized terms which are not defined herein shall have the meaning provided in the Agreement. In addition, the following defined terms apply solely with respect to this DPA.
- “Applicable Law” means any statute, regulation, executive order, and other rule or rules issued by a government office or agency that have binding legal force and are generally applicable to Personal Data or the provision of the Services with respect to Personal Data, including EU Regulation 2016/679 and the state and federal laws of the United States.
- “Data Subject” means an individual natural person that is identified or identifiable by means of Personal Data.
- “Personal Data” means any information about a natural person that is identified or identifiable to the natural person, either alone or in combination with other information, that W OPTIM will Process or have access to as part of providing the Services, including any such information that is created by means of the Services. Personal Data includes “personal data” as that term is defined under Applicable Law.
- “Process,” when used with respect to Personal Data, means: (i) to record, store, organize, structure, analyze query, modify, combine, encrypt, display, disclose, transmit, receive, render unusable, or destroy, by automated means or otherwise; (ii) to provide cloud or other remote technology hosting services for applications or services that do any of the foregoing; and (iii) any other use or activity that is defined or understood to be processing under Applicable Law.
- “Security Event” means any of the following: (i) unauthorized Processing or other use or disclosure of Personal Data; (ii) unauthorized access to or acquisition of Personal Data or the systems on which Personal Data is Processed; (ii) any significant corruption or loss of Personal Data that W OPTIM is unable to repair within a minimal period of time; (iii) any event that has or is reasonably likely to significantly disrupt the Processing of the Personal Data as part of the Services; and (iv) any material unsuccessful attempt to gain unauthorized access to, or to destroy or corrupt, the Personal Data, but not including any routine, unsuccessful events such as pings, port scans, blocked malware, failed log in attempts, or denial of service attacks.
- Confidential Information. The Personal Data that W OPTIM Processes for you as part of the Services is your Confidential Information covered by our confidentiality commitments stated in the Agreement. We make the additional commitments stated in this DPA as to the Personal Data.
- Use and Disclosure. We will not use, disclose, or Process the Personal Data except as permitted by the Agreement or your other written instructions, or as strictly necessary for our internal administrative purposes related to the provision of our Services. We will make available to you a list of any sub-processors we use in compliance with Applicable Law. We will require any sub-processors to contractually agree to terms at least as protective of your Personal Data as those stated in this DPA and the Agreement.
- Compliance with Applicable Law. Each party will comply with Applicable Law as it relates to such party’s performance under the Agreement
- Notice of Request from Data Subject. We will promptly notify you if we receive a request from a Data Subject to disclose, provide a copy, modify, block, or take any other action with respect to Personal Data pertaining to the Data Subject, unless notice is prohibited by Applicable Law; and, except to the extent required by Applicable Law, we will not independently take any action in response to a request from a Data Subject without your prior written instruction. We will cooperate with your reasonable requests for access to Personal Data and other information and assistance as necessary to respond to a request or complaint by a Data Subject.
- In the event of an actual or suspected Security Event. In the event of a discovered or suspected Security Event, W OPTIM shall provide notice without undue delay to Customer’s technical and account contacts using those means established for routine account-related communications (or other such method of notice as agreed between us). Our notice shall include the following information to the extent it is reasonably available to W OPTIM at the time of the notice, and W OPTIM shall update its notice as additional information becomes reasonably available: (i) the dates and times of the Security Event; (ii) the facts that underlie the discovery of the Security Event, or the decision to begin an investigation into a suspected Security Event, as applicable; (iii) a description of the Personal Data involved in the Security Event, either specifically, or by reference to the data set(s), and (iv) the measures planned or underway to remedy or mitigate the vulnerability giving rise to the Security Event. We will take those measures available, including measures reasonably requested by you, to address a vulnerability giving rise to a successful Security Event, both to mitigate the harm resulting from the Security Event and to prevent similar occurrences in the future. We will cooperate with your reasonable requests in connection with the investigation and analysis of the Security Event, including a request to use a third-party investigation and forensics service. W OPTIM shall retain all information that could constitute evidence in a legal action arising from the Security Event and shall provide the information to you upon your request. Except to the extent required by law in the written and reasonable opinion of W OPTIM’s legal counsel, or as reasonably required by our investigation of the Security Event or our other contractual obligations, we will not disclose to any third party the existence of a Security Event or suspected Security Event or any related investigation without Customer’s prior written consent.
- Your representations with regard to Personal Data you disclose to us. With regard to the Personal Data of others that you may provide to us, you hereby represent and warrant: (i) the Personal Data has been collected in accordance with Applicable Law; (ii) the transfer to us for the purpose of providing the Services is authorized under Applicable Law; (iii) you will comply with Applicable Law as to requests from Data Subjects in connection with the Personal Data; (iv) you shall disclose to us only that Personal Data that is necessary for our provision of the Services; and (v) you shall not ask us to take any action with respect to the Personal Data that you are not permitted to take directly.
- Records. We will keep reasonable records to evidence our compliance with our obligations under this DPA and shall preserve such records for at least two (2) years from the date of the events reflected therein.
- W OPTIM continually monitors developments in data security, privacy, and compliance around the globe, and we have invested considerable resources in preparing for EU Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”). We have always upheld the core privacy principles behind GDPR, as evidenced by our early adoption of the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield programs, and take very seriously (and humbly) the trust our customers place in us when they choose to store personal data on our platform.W OPTIM will comply with GDPR’s requirements, both as a controller of our customers’ account data and a processor of the end-user personal data our customers store on our platform. In support of our customers’ compliance efforts, we have updated our terms to reflect the obligations we have as a processor under GDPR. (Such additional contractual obligations are commonly referred to as a Data Privacy Addendum , or a “DPA.”) These changes became effective May 10, 2018, and our DPA already applies to you by reference in your existing agreement. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with our terms to better understand how we support you and protect the security and privacy of your data.
We also encourage our customers to begin assessing their own internal readiness if they haven’t already done so. The official text of the regulation can be found here.
Service level agreement
This SLA amends the Agreement between W OPTIM and Customer and addresses the uptime guarantees in relation to the Services we provide to you and your remedies for our failure to meet such guarantees. The remedies contained in this SLA are your sole and exclusive remedies for any issues addressed herein. We may update this SLA from time to time in our sole discretion; the current version may be found at https://woptim.com/terms/
- SERVICE AVAILABILITY WP Engine will make the Services available 99.9% of the time, excluding any Excused Downtime. In a given calendar month, we calculate “Service Availability” as follows:
Service Availability = (total minutes Services are available) x 100
(total minutes in the month) – (Excused Downtime)
- EXCUSED DOWNTIME
“Excused Downtime” means the length of time the Services are unavailable due to:
- Scheduled Maintenance;
- Emergency Maintenance;
- Beta Services;
- Force Majeure events; and
- the actions or omissions of you, your Authorized Users, or any third-party acting on your behalf or at your direction, including any unauthorized use of the Services, breach of the Agreement or Acceptable Use Policy, or any use or configuration of the Services that exceeds W OPTIM’s recommendations or advertised limits.
“Scheduled Maintenance” includes any maintenance performed during the following windows or for which we provide reasonable notice or coordination with you in advance of the maintenance.
Data Center location: Maintenance window: Americas 10p – 4a Central Time Europe 4p – 10p Central Time Asia-Pacific 8a – 2p Central Time
“Emergency Maintenance” means any maintenance performed outside the Scheduled Maintenance windows without advance notice where such maintenance is reasonably and urgently required to protect the integrity, availability, or security of any online systems.
- SLA CREDITS
You are entitled to a credit of 5% of the applicable monthly Fees for each full hour of downtime in excess of the Service Availability targets. (For example, you will receive a 5% credit for between 1 and 60 minutes of downtime in excess of the Service Availability targets, a 10% credit for between 61 and 120 minutes, etc.) In order to receive a credit, you must contact Support within 30 days of the event giving rise to the credit. Credits are based on our monitoring, shall not exceed 100% of the applicable monthly Fees, may not be carried over or aggregated, are forfeited at the expiration or termination of the Agreement, and will not be paid or provided as a refund.
- ENHANCED SLA
A service or feature which is described as being subject to our “Enhanced SLA” benefits as follows: the Service Availability target is 99.99%, and you will receive a credit of 3% of the applicable monthly Fees for each half hour of downtime in excess of those targets. Except for these changes, all other terms of the SLA apply as normal.
- If there is a conflict between the terms of the Agreement, the terms shall govern according to the following order of precedence: 1) the Order, 2) these Terms of Service, and 3) any terms incorporated by reference by either of the above. The substantive terms contained in your purchase order, order confirmation, notice of receipt, vendor registration portal, or any other transactional document, form, or notice provided by you shall be void and without effect, even where your customary business practices require a showing of assent to such terms by us such as by signature or reference in an invoice.
- We may update these Terms of Service from time to time in our sole discretion; the current version may be found at https://woptim.com/terms/. In the event of any material change, we will provide you with written notice. Your continued use of the Services following such updates constitutes your acceptance of the same. If you do not agree to the terms of any modification, you may terminate the Agreement in accordance with the Termination section below.
- We will provide the Services in accordance with the terms of the Agreement and the SLA. You acknowledge that we may engage third parties to provide or enable elements of the Services, provided that we are responsible to you for the performance of such third parties as if we performed the Services ourselves. You shall use the Services solely for the intended purpose in accordance with the Agreement, including the AUP, and provide us with all information, assistance, and materials reasonably required for our ongoing provision of the Services.
- We will provide support to you through the standard means we make available to our customers (e.g. knowledgebase, forums, chat, ticket). When seeking support you must have a basic understanding of the systems and technology related to the Services.
- The scope of Services provided under the Agreement may be amended by any reasonable means showing mutual agreement between the Parties including click-through terms, email, support ticket, or your selections in the User Portal. Any associated fees will be clearly and conspicuously provided to you before you agree to any such change.
- From time to time, we may provide replacements for certain components of the Services or cease supporting them altogether. No such replacement or end of life shall constitute a breach of the Agreement.
- You agree to pay the Fees beginning on the Effective Date and according to the payment terms set out in the Order. If no payment terms are specified, Fees shall be due in full in advance, except for usage or overage fees which are invoiced monthly in arrears. If the Order sets any limit on your use of Services (such as number of visitors) and that limit is exceeded, you will be responsible for the applicable overages. You agree to pay any applicable taxes (excluding taxes on our income) which we are required to collect unless you provide us with a valid tax exemption certificate. If you elect to make any payment via wire or credit transfer, then you are responsible for any applicable transfer fees. Any applicable overages, taxes, or transfer fees will be added to the Fees. Fees applicable to any Renewal Term will be at our then-current rates, provided that we have notified you of any applicable increase prior to the date by which you may opt out of the renewal. Fees are payable in the currency specified in the Order and are not refundable except as expressly stated herein.
- You agree to the issue and acceptance of invoices in electronic format. We will invoice you immediately upon execution of the Order and on each renewal date thereafter. Invoices will be sent to the billing contact you designate in the Order or the User Portal. If you elect to pay via credit or debit card, we will charge the provided credit or debit card immediately upon account activation and on each renewal date thereafter, up to one week prior to the due date. If you elect to pay by any other method, payments are due 30 days from your receipt of the applicable invoice.
- It is your responsibility to maintain accurate and up-to-date billing details and ensure the Fees are paid by the due date. If you fail to maintain accurate and up-to-date billing details, your account may be suspended until such details are provided. If you are overdue on any Fees, we may: (i) charge a late fee on the unpaid balance at the lesser of 1.5% per month or the maximum lawful rate permitted by applicable law, (ii) suspend provision of the Services, and (iii) terminate the Agreement in accordance with Section 5(b) below. You will be responsible for any charges associated with our collection efforts related to unpaid Fees.
- Upon expiration of the Initial Term, this Agreement will renew for successive Renewal Terms, each equal to the immediately preceding term, unless one Party notifies the other in writing of its intent not to renew no later than 30 days prior to the expiration of the then-current term.
- You may terminate the Agreement prior to the end of the Term: (i) if we materially breach the Agreement and fail to cure such breach within 10 days of your notice to us; (ii) if you provide us with at least 30 days notice; or (iii) for any other cause stated herein. We may terminate the Agreement prior to the end of the Term: (i) if you materially breach the Agreement and fail to cure such breach within 10 days of our notice to you; (ii) if we reasonably believe that your use of the Services endangers or negatively affects our network or systems, violates the law, or interferes with our ability to provide services to our other customers; (iii) if you abuse, harass, or threaten any of our employees; (iv) if we provide you with at least 30 days notice; or (v) for any other cause stated herein.
- Upon termination, we will provide you with a prorated refund of any unused Fees paid annually in advance for Services beyond the date of termination (adjusted for any discounts that are rendered void due to such termination and any other amounts which you owe).
- Customer Content is and remains your exclusive property, and we claim no rights whatsoever in the Customer Content except to the extent explicitly granted herein. For the Term of the Agreement, you hereby grant to us, our affiliates, providers of Third-Party Services, and subcontractors a non-exclusive, fully-paid, royalty-free, fully sub-licensable, transferable, worldwide license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, prepare derivative works of, and distribute the Customer Content (in whole or in part) solely and strictly to the extent required to provide the Services to you under the terms of the Agreement.
- We and our licensors own and shall continue to own all right, title, and interest in and to the Services and the systems and networks used to provide such Services, including all system-generated data (e.g. performance data), modifications, improvements, upgrades, derivative works, and all intellectual property rights in and to any of the foregoing. Except for the express rights granted herein, we do not grant any other licenses, express or implied, to any of our intellectual property including software, services, or products.
- We may solicit and you feedback about the Services. If you provide feedback, you agree that such feedback is provided freely. Except to the limited extent such feedback contains any of your Confidential Information, we are free to use and disclose such feedback for any purpose without an accounting to you or any other person, and we shall own all right, title, and interest in and to such feedback along with any changes, modifications, or upgrades we make to our current products or services and any new products or services that we develop using the feedback you provide.
Each Party agrees to preserve the confidential nature of the other Party’s Confidential Information by retaining and using the Confidential Information in trust and confidence, solely for its use as permitted and in connection with the Agreement, and by using the same degree of protection that it uses to protect its own similar confidential information, which in no event shall be less than reasonable care. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either Party may disclose the other Party’s Confidential Information to the limited extent such disclosure is required by law, legal process, or court order, including any requirement under applicable data privacy regulations that a notice of data breach be given to a supervisory authority or regulatory agency. Information disclosed for these reasons will not cease to be Confidential Information. To the extent practicable, a Party will provide prompt notice of any such required disclosure and shall cooperate with all reasonable efforts by the disclosing Party to minimize or exclude the Confidential Information from such disclosure. Upon termination or expiration of the Agreement for any reason, any license granted herein to use the Confidential Information shall terminate immediately, and each Party will either return or destroy any Confidential Information in its possession which belongs to the other Party, or it shall continue to protect the Confidential Information in accordance with the Agreement for as long as it is retained as part of that Party’s customary business practices. Notwithstanding any other terms to the contrary herein, each Party will have the right to seek an injunction in any court of competent jurisdiction to prevent a breach or threatened breach of this Section.
Security; Data Privacy
- We will maintain commercially reasonable technical and operational measures designed to protect our internal networks from malicious activity and provide for the security and integrity thereof. You acknowledge that we are not responsible for any loss or harm suffered by you resulting from a security incident. You are responsible for determining whether the Services meet applicable regulatory standards and otherwise comply with your own security requirements. You agree to configure your use of the Services in such a way as to maintain the security of the Services and our network (e.g. by only uploading software that has been demonstrated to be secure, installing patches, and not sharing passwords).
- Should we determine that our network has been accessed in an unauthorized manner, and that unauthorized access impacts your Services, we agree to notify you as soon as reasonably practicable after we have investigated the unauthorized access and fulfilled our legal obligations. Likewise, you agree to notify us should you identify unauthorized access to the Services.
Each Party represents and warrants that (i) it has the power, authority, and legal right to enter into the Agreement and perform the obligations and grant the licenses set out herein; and (ii) it will comply with all laws and regulations applicable to its performance under the Agreement.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless W OPTIM; its affiliates, subsidiaries, and vendors; and their respective officers, directors, agents, and employees from and against any and all liabilities, obligations, losses, damages, penalties, fines, amounts in interest, and other expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) in connection with a claim or demand brought by a third party related to your violation of the AUP. We reserve the right to control the defense of any indemnified matter under this Section and approve any proposed settlement. You will pay us the amounts due under this Section as they are incurred.
- Although we may perform regular backups of your site and Customer Content (as described in the Order), we do not guarantee there will be no loss or corruption of data. Corrupt or invalid backup points may be caused by, among other things, content that is corrupted prior to being backed up or that changes during the time a backup is performed. We will provide support to you and attempt to troubleshoot any known or discovered issues that may affect your backups, but you acknowledge that we have no liability related to the integrity of your backups or the failure to successfully restore your content to a usable state. You agree to maintain a complete and accurate copy of any Customer Content in a location independent of the Services.
- Neither party makes any warranties of any kind, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, and W OPTIM and its licensors specifically disclaim all implied warranties including, but not limited to, any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, uninterrupted or error free service, availability, accuracy, and any and all implied warranties arising from statute, course of dealing, course of peformance, or usage of trade to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. The services are provided as-is, as available, and with all faults.
- In no event shall our liability arising out of or related to the agreement for any reason (including, but not limited to, contract, tort, or any other theory of liability) exceed in the aggregate the amount of fees paid or owed by you to us in the 3 months preceding the claim.
- In no event shall we or our licensors have any liability for indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages, nor any cover or lost profits, however caused, arising out of or in any way connected with the agreement whether or not we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- The sla sets out your sole remedies for downtime, unavailability, or other sla failures.
- The limitations do not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law or to your payment obligations for services provided.
- Assignment. Neither Party may assign the Agreement, in whole or in part, without the other Party’s prior written consent except in connection with a merger, reorganization, sale of assets or similar transaction. In case of the latter, the assigning Party will provide notice as soon as reasonably practicable and without undue delay. Any purported assignment in violation of this Section shall be null and void. The Agreement shall be binding on all permitted successors and assigns.
- Force Majeure. We shall not be deemed to be in default of the Agreement, or to have breached any of its provisions, as a result of a delay, failure in performance, or interruption in the Services which result, either directly or indirectly, from any circumstances beyond our reasonable control including acts of god, acts of civil or military authority, civil disturbance, war, strikes, fire, laws, regulations, governmental acts, third-party network unavailability, and/or failure of telecommunication facilities.
- Governing Law and Venue. The Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Texas, without regard to its choice of law statutes. Any disputes must be brought in the state or federal courts located in Travis County, Texas. No claim may be brought as a class or collective action and you may not actively assert a claim arising out of the Agreement as a member of a class or collective action. The United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods shall not govern the Agreement. Each party waives any right to jury trial in connection with any action or litigation in any way rising out of, or related to, the agreement.
- Both Parties agree that all disputes will be resolved by binding, individual arbitration under the American Arbitration Association’s rules. Judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having competent jurisdiction. Any provision of applicable law notwithstanding, the arbitrator will not have authority to award damages, remedies or awards that conflict with this Agreement. W OPTIM will pay all arbitration fees (excluding attorneys’ fees) for claims less than $500. W OPTIM will not seek its attorneys’ fees and costs in arbitration unless the arbitrator determines that your claim is frivolous. You may opt out of this agreement to arbitrate. If you do so, neither Party may require the other to participate in an arbitration proceeding. To opt out, you must notify us in writing at the following address within 30 days of the date that you first became subject to this arbitration provision: WOPTIM, Inc., Westbend 1751 River Run, Texas, United States. You must include your account name, contact address, and a clear statement that you wish to opt out of this arbitration agreement. If you choose to opt out, or if this Section is found to be unenforceable for any reason, disputes will be resolved as provided in the Agreement. This Section will be interpreted in accordance with the Federal Arbitration Act.
- Except as otherwise required herein, notices shall be effective when delivered, as indicated by a delivery receipt, or, in the case of notices delivered by post, 5 business days after being mailed to the designated address by first class mail. Notices to you shall be made to the address recorded in the User Portal or via electronic mail. Notices to us should be delivered to: WOPTIM, Inc., Westbend 1751 River Run, Texas, United States.
- The Parties may disclose that they have entered into a business relationship and may include the name and logo of the other Party in lists of their respective customers or vendors (as the case may be), subject to any provided usage guidelines with respect to a Party’s trademarks and so long as neither Party mischaracterizes the nature of the actual relationship between them. Any other use of a Party’s name, logo, or other trademarks or service marks shall require prior written consent. Specifically, and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, neither Party may disclose or advertise any other details of the Agreement or use the name, logo, or trademarks of the other Party in connection with a product or service based upon or similar to a product or service that Party offers. Neither Party may hold itself out as a reseller or a partner of the other, or any other similar designation, unless granted such license or authority under a separately executed agreement.
- Any provision in the Agreement that is held to be illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction shall be effective only up to the extent of such illegality or unenforceability, if possible, and shall not invalidate the remaining provisions of the paragraph or the Agreement. To the largest extent possible, the illegal or unenforceable provision shall be restated to reflect the Parties’ intent.
- Any provision of the Agreement that contemplates performance or observance subsequent to termination or expiration of the Agreement (including, without limitation, confidentiality, limitation of liability, and indemnification) survive termination or expiration and continue in full force and effect.
- Third-Party Beneficiaries; Relationships. There are no third-party beneficiaries to the Agreement. Nothing contained in the Agreement shall be deemed or construed as creating a joint venture or partnership between the Parties hereto. No Party is by virtue of the Agreement authorized as an agent, employee, or legal representative of any other Party. Neither Party has the authority to make any representations, claims, or warranties of any kind on behalf of the other Party, nor on behalf of that Party’s affiliates, agents, subcontractors, licensors, or third-party suppliers.
- If one Party fails to exercise, or delays exercising, any right, remedy or power set out in the Agreement, this shall not operate as a waiver of that right, remedy or power, whether under the Agreement or at law or equity.
- “Agreement” has the meaning provided in Section 1(a).
- “AUP” means the Acceptable Use Policy located at https://woptim.com/terms/ as it may be updated by us from time to time.
- “Authorized User” means a user whom you have authorized to access and manage your account through the User Portal.
- “Beta Services” means any services which are clearly and conspicuously designated by us as Beta Services. Beta Services may be in early stages of testing or development, are not recommended for production use, and are subject to additional disclaimers and limitations as described in the Agreement.
- “Confidential Information” means information disclosed by one Party to the other, directly or indirectly, in writing, orally, or by inspection of tangible objects, that should be reasonably understood to be confidential by its particular identification or designation, the circumstances of its disclosure, or the nature of the information itself. Confidential Information does not include information which, at such time: (i) is generally known or available to the public without breach of the Agreement by the receiving Party; (ii) is rightfully disclosed to the receiving Party without restriction as to further use or disclosure; or (iii) is independently developed by the receiving Party without use of or reference to the disclosing Party’s Confidential Information, as shown by documents and other competent evidence in the receiving Party’s possession. Confidential Information is and shall remain the property of the disclosing Party (or its licensors, as applicable), and no rights are granted to the Confidential Information other than those rights expressly granted in the Agreement.
- “Customer,” “you,” or “your” means the entity entering into this Agreement with W OPTIM upon the actions taken by its authorized representative.
- “Customer Content” means the text files, images, photos, videos, sounds, or other materials or works of authorship belonging to you or your end users that you cause to be stored within the Services, excluding Customer Data.
- “Customer Data” means the information about you or your Authorized Users which is required by us in order to provide the Services to you.
- “DPA” means the Data Privacy Addendum located at https://woptim.com/terms/ as it may be updated by us from time to time in order to comply with applicable laws or guidance.
- “Effective Date” means the date your account is activated.
- “Initial Term” means the term stated in the Order.
- “Order” means the order form or online transaction which describes the Services and incorporates these Terms of Service.
- “Party” means either Customer or W OPTIM; “Parties” means both Customer and W OPTIM.
- “Renewal Term” means any successive term after the Initial Term.
- “Services” means the hosting, support, and other related services we provide to you as described in the Order.
- “SLA” means the Service Level Agreement located at https://woptim.com/terms/ as it may be updated by us from time to time.
- “Term” means the entirety of the Initial Term and all Renewal Terms.
- “Third-Party Services” means certain third-party products or services which are not sold or licensed by us but which are made available for you, in your sole discretion, to enable or integrate with the Services (e.g. third-party themes and plugins available through the WordPress administrative portal). We maintain no control over and disclaim any and all liability for Third Party Services, even where we may have provided limited support or advice to you in relation to such services. Such support and advice are provided in good faith, AS-IS and AS-AVAILABLE, and solely for your convenience
- “User Portal” means the web site located at https://my.woptim.com which we make available to our customers for the purpose of managing their account and the Services.
- “W OPTIM,” “we,” or “our” means WOPTIM, Inc., Westbend 1751 River Run, Texas, United States and Creatory WEB LTD London, Kemp House 153 City Road
Updated: June 11, 2019